Reply New Topic
2010/1/19 15:44:02
Just popping in

Cruising in style w/ ipf (one little file hiccup)

Hello! I've caught the ipf wave of excitement that comes with the "oo - light dawns" moment after watching the videos and experimenting with that and icms in general. Love this CMS. Just disappointed I missed the interactive session and hope more are to come.

I do have a question though - I have a piece of some functionality that I wanted to my site (basically what the ipf videos showed me - creation of my own client module - coincidence that's exactly what i needed?) No problem using the data, displaying it the way I want, but I wanted 2 file upload fields. When implementing them as a text box, no problem, but when I change them to a file type, I'm getting a getFileObj error from icmsform:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ClientlistingsListingclient::getFileObj() in /home/content/m/e/t/metroeasy/html/quincy/class/icmsform/icmsform.php on line 472

Saw the thread http://community.impresscms.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3916&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=20 but that look like it was the url type (which I'll also need). Is that fix incorporated in the current imbuilding?

Thanks so much for any direction/hints/not giving a newbie a hard time :)

2010/1/19 23:51:05
Home away from home

Re: Cruising in style w/ ipf (one little file hiccup)

Glad you're enjoying the tutorials!

Which version of imBuilding and ImpressCMS are you using?

2010/1/20 1:12:06
Webmaster

hi emmtqg, glad to see you find the tutorial session useful.

Don't worry if you missed the interactive session. There are interactive sessions planned every Thursday, alternating one week at 7pm GMT+1, and one week at 4pm GMT-5. The announcement should be up soon.

Me on Ohloh

2010/1/20 4:38:44
Just popping in

a little version info could help...

Thank you both. Sorry - version info might be useful (I just installed everything recently (this past month) so icms 1.2 Final (impresscms_1.2_final.zip) and imbuilding 1.0 (installed 1/18/10)). I have a local setup w/ Netbeans, so I might try and look @ it (setting up netbeans for me is just easier than eclipse for now).

Looking forward to additional ipf sessions! I watch all the videos so far. They excellent even if you're starting out to give a perspective of the powerful of the icms architecture and I think gives a great foundation for understanding (ok, getting my head around) the modularity of the system.

(merged)

2010/1/20 9:45:47
Home away from home

What kind of files do you want to upload? For Images, please use dtype XOBJ_DTYPE_IMAGE and control "image". In case you want to allow any kind of file you're facing a problem since this control is still buggy as far as I know. Since it's core related it will be fixed in a future version of ImpressCMS. Currently I don't know when this will be.

2010/1/26 5:09:46
Just popping in

Thanks Phoenyx - I did just do that. I had an issue with the URL field as well, so I'm using the text input for the time being.

Another question, I was able to update my template file for the output of the detail view (I wanted to group the field names and put them in sections). That works fine for the user display side, but where would I hook in the customization for the admin page for adding/editing objects? It seems to use a lower level generic (kernal?) to display the tables. Since I don't want to muck around there, I assume there's no way I could easily replicate a function for that?

Also regarding customization of the object fields, can I somehow specify the order that the fields get listed? Current I edited the object's class file (/modules/myclass/class/myobject.php) to change the field order listing. But if I update my object, I will lose that class file.

Thanks for any guidance!

2010/1/26 9:50:56
Home away from home

Regarding your first question (ACP side modifications): There's a template for this one as well. You can find it here: /modules/yourmodule/templates/yourmodule_admin_object.html. However, some parts are defined in the kernel. But check this file and let me know if you can modify it to your needs.

Regarding your second question (modification of sort order): Once you've generated your module in imBuilding you shouldn't do it again in case you've already modified the php files afterwards. As you've already found out yourself, the place to modify the sort order is the object class file (constructor).

Hope this helps.

2010/1/30 4:02:00
Just popping in

Hi Phoenyx -

Thanks so much for your response & info - it's taken me all week to get time to get myself setup so I can look remotely at what the code is doing. I no longer have a local icms install because I need > php version locally.

Your response did help and I'm getting a better handle on where to look for the relevant files. Thanks again!

2010/1/30 7:32:33
Home away from home

For your information: You can have multiple php versions running locally . I'm doing the same.

2010/1/30 8:05:33
Just popping in

I'll look into that - didn't think of pursuing that. No luck getting netbeans running remotely, so I think I just may try that. What's another xampp incarnation.. hm...

Thanks yet again!

I'm working on (and why I want to learn more in a debug view) about changing one of my objects to sport select boxes and add some input validation.

edit - wamp: >1 version of php...

Reply New Topic extras
 Previous Topic   Next Topic
You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.